Monday, November 9, 2015

Veyo Pie Bakery

When I was a young Boy Scout the Utah National Parks Council sponsored a hike on spring break. We would camp the first night near Enterprise, Utah, then hike south along Magotsu Creek. We would spend one more night on the trail and eventually finish at Veyo, Utah, with a swim at the Veyo Pool. We had some great adventures along the way. We did the hike twice, once with our scoutmaster Brother Walton and the second with Deward as our scout leader. Yesterday I read in the news that there is something else Veyo is known for besides the swimming pool: Pies! I can't believe I missed this. Check out this article in the Deseret News: Veyo Pies. Next time I am in the area, I think I will visit the bakery. It's only twenty miles from St. George.
Veyo Pool
Veyo Pool
Twenty miles from St. George, Veyo Pies thrives on reputation, not location. (Lee Benson)
Veyo Pies

1 comment: