Monday, January 23, 2012

National Pie Day - January 23rd

Of course everyone knows that January 23rd is National Pie Day. Just check out the American Pie Council if you don't believe me. We were looking for a way to celebrate and Natalie decided she could use it to teach fractions in her 5th grade class. I agreed to bring the pies and since homemade food cannot be brought into school, I ordered them at Village Inn. When I went to pick them up they had just put them in the oven so I had to pick out of the pies they had on hand, 2 cherry, 1 apple, 1 sugarless apple, and 1 triple berry. They actually gave me a 30% discount because they blew our order. I found out that Village Inn is the top winner at the American Pie Council pie competition in the "Commercial Category."Abby, Mariel, and I went to Natalie's class and served pie to 26 kids.






No comments:

Post a Comment