Sunday, August 28, 2011

Apricot - Strawberry Pie (3 star)

6
8/28/11
This is a unique combination of fruit but it works well. I usually don't like cooked strawberries so I don't include them in my Jumbleberry Pie. I modified the original recipe to use tapioca instead of cornstarch.


Fresh Apricot - Strawberry Pie
(Pie, Ken Haedrich, Harvard Common Press)


Filling
3 cups pitted and sliced fresh apricots, unpeeled
1/3 cup plus 3 tablesppons sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup tapioca
1-1/2 cups hulled and sliced fresh strawberries

Crust
Double Crust Buttermilk Crust

Combine apricots, 1/3 cup sugar, and lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside to juice 30 minutes.Add strawberries, tapioca, and remaining sugar. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes then reduce heat to 375 degrees, rotate pie 180 degrees and bake about 30 minutes until juices bubble thickly through steam vents.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this pie. The perfect combination of sweet and tart!

    ReplyDelete